THE NEXT BANDS ON STAGE
Signed up 22 March 2017 at 2:51 AM
United States of America
Signed up 20 March 2017 at 8:25 PM
United States of America
Signed up 20 March 2017 at 7:15 AM
United States of America
Next bands around the globe
Signed up 8 hours ago
Signed up 10 hours ago
ALL INFO ABOUT EMERGENZA FESTIVAL SEASON 2016/2017
Long live, LIVE MUSIC!
Emergenza is a platform dedicated to LIVE concerts for musicians and developing artists, born to give life to your musical projects on the best stages!
- ☆ Emergenza is the world’s leading festival for bands and groups that are not yet signed to a major label. The festival was founded in 1991 by a group of musicians and is now present in 34 countries and 184 cities on 4 continents. The contest runs from September to June, in one or several cities in each country.
- ☆ Each concert is a mini festival in itself with 6-8 groups performing LIVE on stage each night. Each group has a 25 minutes showcase performance. (playing less than 25min is also OK)
- ☆ The festival provides all the backline, the technical team and of course the clubs. Each musician will need to bring his/her own instruments and cables.
- ☆ In all cities the competition is divided into several phases: a first preliminary concert, semifinals and final.
- ☆ The Emergenza Festival has always worked with the best and most popular clubs all over the world. One of the major advantages of taking part in Emergenza is that as the festival progresses you will get to play in venues that are normally reserved for famous artists and you can benefit from the experience of having played on big stages in front of big audiences while building a strong following for your music.
- ☆ Registration on the website is absolutely free. Depending on the city you are taking part in participants will be offered promotion packages with music business related services such as press photo session, press release write up, digital music distribution, flyer/poster layout, discounts for producing merchandise, social media training, stage performance coaching, music business seminars etc. Those services will have a symbolic price tag compared to their real market value. In some European cities there will be a deposit that is either refunded on the night of the first concert or refunded as music business related services during the festival. The actual concert playing does not cost anything and there won’t be any other additional costs.
- ☆ Unlike many other festivals and concerts for up-and-coming groups there is no obligation to sell a certain amount of tickets and there is no upfront payment og tickets when participating in the Emergenza Festival. We believe in good faith and the commitment of everyone to achieve a successful event and therefore each group is free to run their promotion as effective and efficient as possible with all suggested promotion tools.
- ☆ Each participating group will be paid a cut per concert based on their audience draw. Due to club capacity there might be a limit on the maximum draw allowed for each group. Each participating group is free to sell merchandise at their own shows and when club policies allow it the group will keep all the revenue from merchandise sales.
- ☆ All groups participating in the contest will get free distribution of their music on platforms such as Spotify, Tidal, Apple Music, Google Play, amazon.com, Rhapsody and Deezer. The band/group/artist will get 100% of the royalty.
- ☆ Every year some of the best groups will be selected to get a studio production. This is regardless of the obtained position and the results of the competition.
- ☆ Every year some of the best groups will be offered special guest gigs in other cities or countries than where the group is taking part. This is regardless of the obtained position and the results of the competition.
In the finals a jury consisting of people from the music industry has the task of selecting the winners. In the earlier stages however, the results shall be provided by open vote by:
A) all attending musicians who play or have played in the festival (who always get in for free at our concerts)
B) all audiences who are attending the show
*Update August 2016: As of the 2016/2017 season most Emergenza cities will use a voting system for smartphones where A) and B) must vote for at least two different groups in order for the vote to be valid. This system has been tested since 2014 and it has proven its worth in that it eliminates “tactical voting” and makes the audience stay and check out more bands.
- ☆ The winners of the regional/national finals who are to take part in the international final in Germany at the Taubertal Open Air Festival will have travel and accommodation covered by the organization. (In some cases travel and accommodation will even be paid when going to the regional finals)
- ☆ The winners of the international final will win at their own choosing either a professional studio production or a promotional tour campaign entirely produced and sponsored by the organization. NEW IN 2017: The winners will be offered a record deal by Marshall Records.